Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Hump Day


After their glittering graduation ceremony, Professor Lily and Dr. BJ immediately put aside lofty career ambitions and retreat to the couch. V is busily preparing a celebratory feast in the kitchen.

LILY: Glad to see you squirreled out of becoming a Scientologist, BJ. Mum and Dad were concerned about you.

BJ: I only hope my audit video doesn't show up on YouTube some day. It's kind of embarrassing. I admitted to jumping up and down on the couch repeatedly. And at one point, I got so nervous I kept licking my paws. Then I started hallucinating that my feet were drenched in wagyu beef jus. Paws never tasted so tasty!

LILY: What a trip!

BJ: Glad to be home again.

LILY: You missed all the excitement. V watered the garden. She was pretty pleased with herself, doing a good deed and all. Did you know she talks to plants, by the way? Silly. It's not like the azaleas can answer.

BJ: That's exciting?

LILY: But you should've seen her get tangled up with the garden hose. Anyone would think she was wrestling a python. Then she couldn't get the hose to retract into its housing.

BJ: So, what did she do?

LILY: Poor thing had to coil up the hose manually and leave it on the ground. I kept yelling instructions about how to fix the damned thing. Of course, she tuned me out. She is going to be in such big trouble when Mum and Dad get back.

BJ: Don't laugh, Lily. She did her best.

LILY: Fortunately for us, she's handier in the kitchen, otherwise we'd starve. Though, she's taking her time. Let's surf the Net while she cooks that turkey.

BJ: OMG, Lily! My audit video has been leaked. I'm ruined!

No comments: